Reaction following article in Dutch newspaper Het Financieele Dagblad
07 September 2018
- The article in Het Financieele Dagblad contains a number of inaccuracies, including the headline. The document on which the FD article is based, has been taken completely out of its context.
- The article in Het Financieele Dagblad is based on one page from a presentation given at a quarterly meeting for managers of ING Belgium and the Netherlands which took place at the end of August.
- In the presentation we show figures of our own internal risk assessment. Our own assessment is deliberately stricter than the requirements of the regulator, so that we stay well within its requirements.
- The presentation with the priorities for the coming quarter is widely shared within our organisation, as usual.
- 'Being a safe, secure and compliant bank' is our most important priority and this is regularly emphasized in presentations for colleagues.
- The risk update does not focus on the issue for which we have reached a settlement agreement earlier this week in the Netherlands. However, we understand that everything having to do with risk and ING is now under a magnifying glass.