ING offers substantially higher rate on savings
- ING launches the ING Savings Account, a new savings account with 0.35% base rate and 0.65% fidelity premium
- ING Tempo Savings offers 0.70% base rate and 0.70% fidelity premium
- ING increases rates for all remaining regulated savings accounts1 to 0.40% base rate and 0.10 fidelity premium
ING will substantially raise the interest rate on all its savings accounts on 9 January 2023. For the new ING Savings Account and ING Tempo Savings, ING has chosen to offer an even higher rate. With the new ING Savings Account, ING addresses the needs of savers seeking flexibility and return.
ING Savings Account: new savings account with attractive base rate and fidelity premium
In addition to an attractive base rate, the new ING Savings Account also offers a significantly higher fidelity premium. From 9 January 2023 onwards, ING will combine a base rate of 0.35% with a higher fidelity premium of 0.65% for this regulated savings account.
ING Tempo Savings: superior reward for regular savings
For those who want to save regularly, ING goes one step further. With ING Tempo Savings, customers choose to save a fixed amount of up to 500 euros a month. A good habit that helps to build up savings. Regular savers are rewarded for this with a higher interest rate. On the ING Tempo Savings, customers enjoy a 0.70% base rate and a 0.70% fidelity premium. This interest rate increase will take effect on 9 January 2023. ING Tempo Savings is a regulated savings account in euro for online use only.
ING will also raise the base rate and the fidelity premium on the ING Green Account, the ING Orange Account, the ING Lion Premium Account and ING Lion Deposit. For those regulated savings products, the interest rate raises from 0.01% base rate and 0.10% fidelity premium to 0.40% base rate and 0.10% fidelity premium.
ING Belgium's regulated savings accounts are: ING Green Account, ING Orange Account, ING Tempo Savings, ING Lion Premium Savings Account and ING Lion Deposit. Regulated savings accounts are governed by Belgian law.
ING Orange Savings Account, ING Lion Premium Savings Account and ING Lion Deposit were no longer marketed since 1 January 2021. On 9 January 2023, the ING Savings Account will be added. As of 9 January 2023 the ING Green Savings Account will be reserved exclusively for rental guarantee deposits. The terms and conditions for current holders of an ING Green Savings Account, ING Orange Savings Account, ING Lion Premium Savings Account and ING Lion Deposit will remain unchanged.
Essential savers’ information on the regulated savings accounts that can be opened as of 9 January 2023 is available via the following links:
Taxes and costs
- Regulated savings accounts for an unlimited duration. The deposit can be withdrawn at any time, subject to compliance with the applicable general regulations. There are no management, opening or closing fees.
- Regulated savings accounts are exempted from withholding tax (15%):
- Up to 980 euro interest/year1for savings accounts opened in one name
- Up to 1.960 euro/year2 for savings accounts opened in the name of two spouses or two legal cohabitants.
Risk and warranties
- The base rate and the fidelity premium can be changed at any time by the bank. Customers will be informed of this in due time (digitally or via account statement).
- Savings of up to 100,000 euros are protected by the deposits protection scheme. The remaining amount may potentially be lost in case of ING’s bankruptcy or risk of bankruptcy, or may be subject to a reduction/conversion into shares.
- Rising prices (inflation) can negatively affect purchasing power.
Before opening a regulated savings account, customers are advised to read the applicable regulations, essential information for savers and other relevant documents. All information and documentation is available on the website www.ing.be.
Essential information for savers:
- ING Savings Account
- ING Tempo Savings
- ING Green Savings Account
- ING Orange Savings Account
- ING Lion Deposit
- ING Lion Premium Savings Account:
More information or file a complaint?
Questions or a complaint? Please contact our customer services or the Ombudsman for financial services:
- Customer services ING Belgium: +32 2 464 60 04
- Complaints department ING Belgium: +32 2 547 61 02 – [email protected] / [email protected]
- Ombudsman for financial services: Ombudsfin
1 ING Green Account, ING Orange Account, ING Lion Premium Account, ING Lion Deposit
2 Amount valid for 2023